Why ducted gas heating?
With energy prices rising, ducted gas heating has the edge on reverse cycle when it comes to both efficiency and performance, and even more so now with the world's first 7 star equivalent* ducted gas heater from Braemar.
Braemar's 7 star* ducted gas heating system will save you up to $612 per year in running costs compared to an electric ducted reverse cycle heating system^.
Plus it's kinder to the environment, as it produces fewer greenhouse gas emissions than most other forms of heating.
- Australian Gas Association research found that gas ducted central heating produced just one third of the emissions of heating produced by black coal-generated electricity. (Source: Assessment of Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Natural Gas, Australian Gas Association, 2000).
- When it gets really cold outside, reverse cycle systems lose efficiency, while Braemar ducted gas systems keep your home as warm as you want it – no matter how cold it gets outdoors!
- Ducted gas heating provides instant warmth that won't dry out your eyes.
- Ducted gas heating heats your whole home – delivering lovely warm air through unobtrusive vents in the ceiling or floor.
- You get fingertip control – increasing or decreasing the temperature to suit you and your family.
The higher the star rating, the more efficient the heater. Ratings measure what percentage of gas used in the heating process is converted into heat. The higher the rating, the closer to 100% of the gas is being converted into heat.
^Seeley International’s calculation, using data sourced from Sustainability Victoria (2016), adjusted to the Braemar 7 star equivalent ducted gas heater, compared to a standard efficiency electric reverse cycle ducted air conditioning system, for a heated area of 250 m2. Based on 900 hours running per year. Peak electricity tariff – 27.7 c/kWh. Off-peak electricity tariff – 16.6 c/kWh. Marginal natural gas tariff – 1.50 c/MJ for ducted gas heating. Actual costs for your house will depend on the area heated, how long you run the heating for, your thermostat settings, how well insulated the house is, your energy tariffs and your local climate.
Gas Heating vs. Reverse Cycle Heating
*Star rating equivalent. Based on Australian Gas Association’s results calculated in accordance with the testing methodology in AS4556-2011.
Help Me Choose
Find what's right for you
I'm interested in